Online marketing has become an essential part of the marketing system. The reason is, more than two-thirds of the world’s population is online, and individuals increasingly research products and services online. Companies are aware that to succeed, they must have a strong, competitive online presence.
What it is
Marketers today need to understand digital strategies for their careers, even if they do not specialize in online marketing. It is easier than ever to learn digital strategies and find the right tools. Many companies have developed cutting-edge technologies to help digital marketers increase conversions and strengthen their brands online. A lot of the same companies, along with free online resources, will also teach you how to become a digital marketing expert.
How it works
As consumers spend more time using the internet and less time with other channels advertisers are also forced to follow this trend. The ads have to be there where the eyeballs are. Unfortunately, digital marketing is not as simple and straight forward as traditional marketing. Digital marketing is best done in-house and cannot be outsourced to a digital marketing agency for various practical reasons. This is the reason that digital marketing experts are sought after all over the world right now and the demand for such candidates will only go up in the future.
The best way to become a digital marketing expert is to start practicing digital marketing. The best thing about digital marketing is that you can start doing it at a very small scale. All you need is a computer, an internet connection and a small amount of money to play with. You can learn digital marketing by applying the concepts in your own mini-project. Here are the things you can do:
- Choose a topic you are passionate about and start a blog about it.
- Learn a little about SEO and write SEO optimized articles in your blog.
- Install Google Analytics tracking code and see if you are getting some traffic to your blog.
- Open an Adwords account and do some keyword research to see what people are searching for in google to find information on the topic you are blogging about.
- Write more articles and publish on your blog.
- Open a facebook page dedicated to your blog (apart from your personal page) and share the articles on your facebook page.
- Promote your page with facebook advertising. Budget for promotion can be as low as $10.
- Implement facebook like box in your blog.
- Embed social sharing buttons in your blog articles.
- Sign up for an email marketing service such as Aweber.
- Embed email signup forms in your blog and collect subscribers. Email subscribers whenever you publish something in your blog.
- Promote your facebook page through email marketing and in turn also get more email subscribers from your facebook page.
- Promote your blog via Adwords.
- Sign up for Google Adsense and deploy advertising codes in your blog.
- Convert your blog into a mobile friendly blog and create mobile ads in Adwords.
Therefore, after you do all the steps above your would have gained a bit of hands-on experience in the following areas which pretty much sums up to the following major components of Digital Marketing such as;
- Content marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Paid Search (PPC)
- Email marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Display Marketing (Ad Ops)
- Web Analytics and Reporting
- Mobile Marketing
Visit this site for more information : http://www.getonthemap.com